Banner

Banner

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Get to Know Faith Cameron, Author of No Hero Here

Get to Know Faith Cameron, Author of:

No Hero Here



1. When and why did you begin writing?
I’ve always wanted to write my own romance novels. I love romance – and Star Trek. Although not necessarily in that order. I began to write because the daydreams in my head demanded a voice. And that single outcry to be heard grew into a character, who needed supporting characters to make their life interesting, and before long – a plot was born! One page turned into a chapter. I googled things like “character arc”, “premise”, “verbs” and soon had many chapters. Two years later I had a manuscript complete at 208,000 words. Then I googled "Genre manuscript length" and decided I had two completed manuscripts at 104,000 words. They were never published. 
2. Tell us your latest news.
I am working on another book currently, and thanks to Pinterest, I discovered the perfect pancake recipe. Don’t laugh – this has taken me years. 
3. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
When a librarian thanked me for writing the books she loved to read. I walked away a little taller from that encounter. On a side note, I’m 5’2. 
4. Do you have a specific writing style?
Eloquent and thought provoking. In my head. On paper, I’m afraid it’s much worse. Snarky. Sarcastic. Snappy. I’m sorry. 
5. How did you come up with the title?
I’d like to think “No Hero Here” was the theme to the entire book. No heroes. No villains. Only flawed, imperfect men. 
6. Is there a message in your novel you want readers to grasp?
Yes. Random quips and quirky thoughts do make for a great read. Or excellent fodder for the fire. 

7. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Keeping out the adverbs. I’ve never wanted to use words that end in –ly so badly in my entire adult life. 
8. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Plot. Spelling. Grammar. 
9. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I recall I may have answered this question back in my overly long-winded answer to question #1. 
10. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Passive voice. Fillers. Filters. Oh my. 
11. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Yes. Don't ask Faith Cameron. She'll give you some insipid tale about laundry. 
12. Do you have anything specific you want to say to your readers?
Thank you. And I’m sorry. 
13. What inspired you to write your first book?
It may have been alcohol. I can’t remember. That may have been because of alcohol too. 
14. Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Yes, there is a HEA in the works for one of the major characters from No Hero Here. 

15. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
I am often asked if the sex scenes in my book are from my own experiences. Rest assured, it's all fiction. ALL of it. I swear.

Buy No Hero Here --> Here!


Beauty finds herself between two beasts fighting for a place in her heart…

Damsels in distress quiver in excitement for a chance encounter with famed highwayman Silver Hawk. His devilish handsome face and genteel manners cause the stoutest matrons to grow faint with desire when accosted by him for their baubles. His identity is the best-kept secret of England until he dares to kidnap Rose Witherby, an American woman on her way to greet her fiancé—his enemy. Sebastian Graham, Duke of Dorchester. 

Sebastian is Silver Hawk’s exact opposite. Scarred, a recluse, he dwells in a castle hidden from the world. When he hears his intended bride is missing, he gathers his courage and stages a successful rescue, only to find the young woman’s heart hopelessly ensnared by the highwayman he despises. The very man Sebastian holds responsible for his disfigurement. 

Rose Witherby survived the war with England, only to find herself in the middle of another war. Two men claim to love her, but mystery swirls around them both, binding her heart with apprehension toward her new life and stringing her nerves in ever tighter knots. She fears one of them is not being truthful about his identity and must decide which man to trust when tragedy strikes, setting her on a path filled with family secrets and betrayal, her heart in jeopardy from two men fighting to claim it as their own.


Follow Faith Here:
Twitter: @Faith_CameronAuthor

Facebook: @FaithCameronAuthor

No comments:

Post a Comment